CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

the backstory and a little treat

Most that know me personally know that I have been a lyricist for many, many years (12 years to be exact). I have always been driven by music, seeing how it's the only thing that gives me a genuine feeling of satisfaction.

So between stints in the Army and college I always had music as my underlying force. I have been in and out of studios, done many shows, and worked with many people. Still I always felt a void at the end of the day. Now to the present; I decided it was time to do something. Since I have been bartending for many years and making great money it was time to stop going out and blowing money on booze and fun and start focusing.

I found my way into mixing records because of the fact that every time I looked through anyone's iPod I would find an artist I loved but never the songs I liked by that artist. Yet people loved what I had on my iPod, so I started mixing records a few months ago on some turntables I bought. I quickly realized vinyl, although classic, was a total drag and expensive. So I decided to go digital. My list of equipment:

-Black Macbook
-Focusrite Saffire 6
-Hercules Steel Controller
-APC40
-MPK25
-Ableton Live 8
-Korg Electribe EMX1
-Korg Kaossilator Pro
-Korg KP3 effects processor
-2 Rokit 5's
-2 Stanton ST150's
-Stanton M203 Mixer

Now my PA is BAD ASS:

-12 channel Soundcraft Mixer
-DBX rack
-4000 Watt Crown Amplifier
-2 JBL Mrx 525's

I am driven to bring my ideal sound to all those who will listen and jam... driven to be my own boss. When DJ Möet and I met, I almost instantaneously started to brainstorm and implement the master plan. As a business partner he is brilliantly intelligent and well thought out, and as a musician he is permanently inspired. Additionally, this guy has put me under his wing and taught me what 12 years of spinning records has taught him...

So with out further ado I am proud to post my first mix. It has a solid mix of artists that break the mold and producers that are creatively incredible.

Stay tuned for re-edits by TREND and DJ Möet.

Download..push play...turn it up...jam to it...spread the word...BE EASY


Set A Trend by trendthedj

1. Gorgeous // Kanye West, Kid Cudi, Notorious BIG (Young Church Beats)
2. Arvenne & Misk // Love & Lust (Tag Terror Edit)
3. The Bomb // Buckethead
4. Chromeo // Night by Night (Smalltowen DJs Remix)
5. Daft Punk // Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger
6. The Dream // Walkin' on the Moon (X MIX)
7. Far East Movement ft. Dev, T-Pain // Like a G6 (T Mix)
8. Neyo vs Chromeo // 100% Closer (Pomatic Edit)
9. Beautiful // Brookes Brothers (NAPT Remix)
10. Bell Biv Devoe // Poison (Hype Jones 2011 Remix)
11. Heavy D // Nuttin But Luv (Hype Jones 2011 Remix)
12. Kanye West // Stronger (A-Trak Remix)
13. Lupe Fiasco vs Deadmau5 // Kick Push N Stuff (Touch Face Mash Up)
14. David Guetta ft. Kid Cudi // Memories (Bingo Players Remix)
15. Dev // In The Dark (Hype Jones Remix)
16. Estelle // American Boy (Soul Seekerz Club Mix)
17. Rihanna Feat. Britney Spears // S&M (Remix)
18. Mysto & Pizzi vs Deadmau5 // Ghosts R Watching
19. Kanye West ft. LMFAO // Love Lockdown (Party Rock Remix)
20. Ludacris // One More Drink (Loud Party Remix)
21. Mike Posner ft. Clinton Sparks // Ambiguous (Disco Fries Remix)
22. Klass & The Bodybangers // Freak (Klass Mix)
23. Shaan Saigol // Bite Down
24. Martin Solveig and Dragonette // Hello (Dada Life Remix)
25. David Guetta ft. Akon // Sexy Bitch (Crookers Remix)
26. Chris Brown // Beautiful People (Joe Fresh Remix)
27. Lady Gaga ft. Marilyn Manson // Love Game (Chew Fu Remix)
28. Soft Cell // Tainted Love (Warped Bass x Richard Grey Remix)
29. Mike Posner - Cooler Than Me (Skeet Skeet Remix)
30. Rick Ross // Party Rock Hustlin (KONTROL Mash)
31. Katy Perry // E.T. (Noisia Dubstep Remix)
32. Jay-Z - Big Pimpin (SUBshockers Dubstep Remix)
33. Benny Benassi // Electroman (Dirtyphonics Dubstep Remix)
34. Bare and Datsik // King Kong

0 comments: